Thursday 23 March 2017

Outside work progress

Whilst Sam is busy doing a quality paint job inside, there ahs been some progress outside.
First image is by the front door ready for paving, which has gone up in price by 20% since I first identified it a year ago, due I suppose to Brexit and exchange rates.



And this picture shows the infill that I started on today, between my garage/studio wall and the neighbour's shed. A crevasse about 10m long and 1.5m deep and various widths. It is filled by bringing stones, rounded ones preferred to enhance drainage, in a wheelbarrow to the end of the crevasse, and then bucketing or throwing them in from a narrow and rather hazardous access point at the corner.. Today's competition is to estaimate how many tonnes of stones have been moved in this way. Fortunately not much more can be done until after the weekend since I need to insert fenceposts for a wee fence before completing the backfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment